Monday 10 September 2012

Song of the Day: Mogwai - Christmas Steps

     Yesterday's song by Oceansize was a bit of a slow burn kind of song, and it is in keeping with that feeling that I've chosen today's song. Mogwai have been around a long time, and I've mentioned them before (back in the Cool Videos List) so there's a decent chance you've heard them before, or at least heard of them, but in case you haven't I'll do you the favour of treating you to the first song I ever heard by these prolific Scottish instrumentalists.



     Today's song is "Christmas Steps" from Mogwai's second full length, 1999's Come On Die Young. It's not the heaviest song, and it's the very definition of "slow burn", but it still appeals to my metal sensibilities with its loud distorted guitars, bombastic drums, and a payoff of emotional intensity at the end of said slow burn. Put "Christmas Steps" on and hang in there - as with yesterday, the build up is well worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment