Monday 24 September 2012

Song of the Day: Lamb of God - 11th Hour

     As is too often the case, it's Monday once again, and although I'm not doing a Metallica Monday this week, some metal would be desirable on such a morning. With that in mind you get some old(er) stuff today in the form of a Loud Noises favourite, the tried and true "first song I ever heard by this band" trope.



     Today it's Lamb of God, and the first song I ever heard by them was "11th Hour", from 2003's As The Palaces Burn. I was taking guitar lessons at the time and my teacher, not being a huge metalhead himself but knowing my metal leanings, put "11th Hour" on one day and said I had to check Lamb of God out if I didn't know them. I didn't, but after just one listen I was interested. After a few more later at home, I was hooked, at least on that song. If you don't know Lamb of God, first of all, I don't believe you, and second of all, check out this song. If you're a fan but don't know the song, check out this song. And if you're a Lamb of God fan with lyrics from "11th Hour" tattooed on your face or something, then Happy Monday! Turn it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment