Tuesday 25 September 2012

Song of the Day: As I Lay Dying - Greater Foundation

     Today's song is one of those no-brainers. There's a new album out by a band that I follow, and they've got a single with a video. If that's not the recipe for instant Song of the Day action, I don't know what is.



     Make no mistake, As I Lay Dying is definitely one of those bands that had "found its sound", and even though I did pick up a copy this morning of the new disc, Awakened, I'm not expecting anything new. An As I Lay Dying song sounds like an As I Lay Dying song, with all the positive and negative ramifications that entails. They do Metalcore with a capital M, and they do it pretty well, but really great songs are getting fewer and further between on their records. Still, the can write a good riff, and I'm looking forward to hearing what they've come up with this time around.

     The first example of what they've come up with this time around, single "Greater Foundation", is your song today. I've been listening to it a little bit over the past couple of days, in preparation for the new album coming out, and I've got to say, I like the level of heavy Tim and the boys seem to have brought to Awakened. It's standard As I Lay Dying, but at least they're not pussying out as they get older. Keep in mind I've only heard this one song so far, so listen to "Greater Foundation", then check out the rest of the album, and then come back and tell me what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment