Wednesday 5 September 2012

Song of the Day: Architects - The Darkest Tomb

     OK, today we're actually back to business as usual, for realsies, which means heavy music. I often try to come up with something you're probably not familiar with, and today I think I've got one. UK-based Architects* aren't a new band, but they might be new to you. They've also got a pretty deep catalogue now, so if you like today's song at all, you can chart their progression from techy, mathy metalcore through to more "mainstream" post-hardcore and (somewhat) back.

     Your Architects song today is "The Darkest Tomb" from their very first album, 2006's Nightmares. I can't remember if this was the first song I ever heard by these guys (which would make it an archetypal Song of the Day here at Loud Noises) but I do remember this being the first song I really dug. It made me give a little bit more time to the rest of the album, and I've been a fan ever since, even if never a huge one. And listening to this song now, I think it still holds up as one that will make you want to hear more of Nightmares.










* I phrase it this way because that's how you have to look them up online. There seems to be at least of couple of bands called Architects in the US, hence the distinction.

No comments:

Post a Comment