Friday 17 August 2012

Song of the Day: Misery Signals - Nothing

     Today's choice of song was brought about by yet another studio video from yet another good band. It seems this fall is going to be chalk full of good album releases, as there's a bunch of bands either with records done and ready to go or records in the works. One such band is Misery Signals, one of my favourites for a long time now. Dense, technical, aggressive, and cathartic, Misery Signals is a band I call metal with the hesitation that such a classification doesn't do them justice. At any rate, Misery Signals isn't ready to put anything new out yet, but things are in the works.



     I could have done the usual and gone with the song that first turned me on to this band ("The Year Summer Ended in June", for the record) but I decided to go a different (but still somewhat familir) route by picking a kick-ass album opener. Your song today is "Nothing", the opening track from Misery Signals' 2008 Controller, which is one of those albums I can put on and listen to start to finish with nary a complaint. Check it out today.


No comments:

Post a Comment