Friday 24 August 2012

Song of the Day: The Fall of Troy - Rockstar Nailbomb

     Afternoon everyone (or morning for me, as I just got up). I had to have a little Think to come up with the band for today's song, but once I got it, the old tried and true method of picking the song that first exposed me to said band kicked in, and Robert's your mother's brother. Inspired by yesterday's song (love you Kelsey!) I ended up going with another noodley, emo-y kinda band that's still capable of some heavy.



     That band is called The Fall of Troy, and that song that first turned me on to them is called "Rockstar Nailbomb", the opening track from their self-titled 2003 release. One caveat:  the three piece Fall of Troy were super young at the time (teenagers still, I think) and this album was recorded over a span of days, not weeks, so if it sounds a bit like a band that's inexperienced and doesn't quite know what they want to sound like yet, there's a reason. The other thing to keep in mind is that while The Fall of Troy is now defunct, they did release several more albums before calling it quits, so if anything about "Rockstar Nailbomb" appeals to you, but doesn't make you fall in love, take heart and have a listen to something else. There's a good chance you'll find something to like.


No comments:

Post a Comment