Saturday 4 August 2012

Song of the Day: The Dillinger Escape Plan - Widower

     A couple of days ago, when posting Gojira's "Liquid Fire" as the Song of the Day, I mentioned that these Frenchmen have pulled out of Heavies TO and MTL to rejigger their schedule, and that they've been replaced by The Dillinger Escape Plan. Either way this affects Saturday, and since I'm going on Sunday, I won't see either band. But I can still make you listen to them with me!



     Today's song is "Widower", which like earlier DEP Song of the Day "Gold Teeth on a Bum" is from 2010's Option Paralysis. "Widower" starts out sounding pretty unlike DEP, but its eclectic nature perfectly represents the band, and it shows off the power and range of vocalist Greg Puciato (as if you weren't already aware that this dude has fucking pipes). Dig it.


No comments:

Post a Comment