Wednesday 15 August 2012

Song of the Day: Death Before Disco - Modern Times

     Yesterday when I recommended Exotic Animal Petting Zoo's "Thorough. Modern." to you, I mentioned that EAPZ reminds me a little bit of Death Before Disco and At the Drive-In. Chances are you're familiar with ATDI (if for no other reason than I talked about them way back when I started this sucker), but it's also likely you don't know Death Before Disco, especially if you're a metalhead, as they're not the most metal band.  They've got their own heaviness, tinged with poppier, punkier flavours -- I hesitate to use the words "emo" and "screamo" for fear of sending you fleeing, but were I to use such words, I would mean them in the best possible way.



     Today you get Death Before Disco's "Modern Times" from 2006's Barricades as an introduction. I think it's a pretty good representation of their sound, but at the same time they're more than just a screamo-y, emo-y band. If you're at all interested in "Modern Times", go to youtube and listen to the whole album and see what you think.

     Oh, and today's song goes out to my buddy Luker. Thanks again for slogging through the mud with me on the weekend man, you're totally fucking metal dude. \m/


No comments:

Post a Comment