Sunday 19 August 2012

Song of the Day: The Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise

     I think we'll go with another laid back track today, before getting back to the slog of the week with some heavier stuff once again tomorrow. But what to choose? It's hard to believe, but Summer's winding down, and Fall is fast approaching, so perhaps some good time party music would be in order. Well, if chilling music is called for, I might have just the thing. It's not metal, but I think it'll get your head going.



     Today's song is "Make Some Noise" by the Beastie Boys (yeah, the rhyme is intentional there...I'm lame...) from 2011's Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2. I'm not a huge Beastie Boys fan or anything, but I know what I like, and the Beasties have some great tunes. This one goes out to the friends, family, and memory of Adam Yauch, who passed away a few months ago. You don't have to be a big Beasties fan to recognize what they represent in the history of music, and to mourn the loss of a tremendous artists. Make some noise, kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment