Wednesday 29 August 2012

Song of the Day: Avenged Sevenfold - Darkness Surrounding

     Today's song requires a little bit of a walk, but I promise I'll make it as quick and painless as possible. At work this summer, we've been listening to a lot of Sirius satellite radio. Mainly it's been Alt Nation, I'm pretty much the only metal enthusiast where I work, but the past couple of weeks there's been some Octane in the mix. Among the bands I've heard on there lately that I used to listen to but don't really follow anymore is Avenged Sevenfold. But Octane plays their newer stuff, and I was always a fan of their first couple of albums. True to form, today you're getting the song that first alerted me to the existence of Avenged Sevenfold.



     Your song today is "Darkness Surrounding" from Avenged's first album, 2001's Sounding the Seventh Trumpet. This is a prime example of just how many genres and subgenres Avenged has covered over their career: while it's definitely got a metal edge, this sounds like it's by a gang of So Cal Punks... which I suppose it is... Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment