Friday 13 July 2012

Song of the Day: The Safety Fire - Huge Hammers

     Today I've got some new stuff for you, even for me. In other words, even I am just discovering British metal band The Safety Fire, so we get to share the new band experience together today. I just picked up The Safety Fire's first full length disc, Grind the Ocean, the other day, based largely on hearing today's song a while ago.  After my initial listen to about half the album on my way home from work this morning, I'd describe The Safety Fire as an above-average metal/metalcore band with some djenty leanings and flashes of Protest the Hero and Between the Buried and Me. The potential to grow on me is definitely there. I'll have to finish up with it and give it a few more listens before I really make up my mind.

     In the meantime, you can enjoy your song for today, Grind the Ocean's first single and video "Huge Hammers". It's a pretty good song, and so far it seems like a decent indicator of what the Safety Fire is all about. Let me know what you think, and I'll see you tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment