Saturday 21 July 2012

Song of the Day: Arsis - Closer to Cold

     I've got something a little heavier for you today. When I was in the process of getting into heavier and more out-there metal a few years ago, starting to add full-on death and tech metal type stuff to my collection of melodic metal and metalcore, Arsis was among the bands that really showed me that Death metal with a capital D isn't just blast beats and cookie monster growls, that it can be melodic and hooky while still being fast, technical, and generally fucking heavy. They're not my favourite or anything, but they do have some really cool songs, like the one I've chosen for today.

     Today's song is "Closer to Cold" by Arsis, from 2010's Starve for the Devil. Take a bite and let me know what you think.


No comments:

Post a Comment