Tuesday 24 July 2012

Song of the Day: Animals as Leaders - An Infinite Regression

     Today's song aims to correct a mistake that's been bugging me for months (literally, more than one month). Way back in May when I put together the Instrametal list, there was one band that I shamefully forgot to include on the list, even though I had very much intended to. That band is Animals as Leaders, and led by Tosin Abasi's seven- and eight-string guitar acrobatics they are definitely worth checking out, and more than worthy of inclusion in a list of cool instrametal acts.

     So as an act of penance (and an all around act of awesomeness) your song for today is "An Infinite Regression" by Animals as Leaders. It's the opening track from their second LP, 2011's Weightless, as it's also a good example of the slightly off-kilter, guitar-driven instramental madness that Animals as Leaders are capable of. See what you think and let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment