Monday 23 July 2012

Song of the Day: 7 Horns 7 Eyes - Delusions

     I've got another new band for you today, and they're one of those acts that definitely has a bright future in metal. I'm a big fan of British metal label Basick Records, so when I see a band like 7 Horns 7 Eyes hyped so thoroughly on their website and their Facebook*, and I then read that Jeff Loomis guests on their debut album, well I've got to at least check that shit out. And I'm glad I did.

     Your song today is "Delusions" from this year's Throes of Absolution by 7 Horns 7 Eyes. The whole album is pretty damn solid, so why this song? Simple: the guitar solo in the middle. Shreddy and technical but still tasteful and soulful, the perfect culmination of what this slow burner of a song has hitherto been building towards. Have a listen, and if you're suitably tickled, try something else off the album. You'll be glad you did too.










*A kind of hype to be taken with a certain grain of salt, of course, as Basick are trying to sell records too...

No comments:

Post a Comment